Lighting problem

KenB

I have an old aquascape lighting with three 250W MH on a 125 gal 6' x 21" deep.  One of my ballast burned up and I'm considering an LED system rather then trying to fix the old system.  I know there is a lot of options but wanted to get some thoughts on what a good set up might be.

thanks ken

Whats your budget?

+1

And why are you wanting to make the switch? Less heat? Energy saving? Something new?

I would roll with the Evergrows. They are solid units, individually controllable, and affordable. You could go with Radions, but you will spend a bunch of money, and the Evergrows have worked just as nice in my opinion, for a fraction of the price. You could build your own, but you also end up spending close to what a fixture would cost most times. AI is OK, but I've heard about a lot of durability issues (test of time) and Kessils look nice, but IMO, are spotlight fixtures. Lots of things to consider.

Not committed to changing but considering since I need to do something.  Only one of the three ballast went up so for now I've moved things around to give me some time to figure out what I want to do. Less heat in the summer would be nice.  I like the way you can program the dawn/dusk effects.  Not sure if the LED will work with SPS as well??