Joe's IM Fusion 40

I started this tank a little while back(mid November), Just started stocking it.

Here are the specifics: 

IM Fusion 40 with Custom stand

2x Vortech MP10's

Radion XR15

Ecotech Reeflink

IM Skimmer

NS Apex with AFS and soon to be installed Dōs for 2 part once it is needed

Tunze Osmolator

The only stock I have in is so far is some clove polyps, a couple different Palys and a pair of Black Ice clowns. Future stocking will include Mostly SPS. I will add more Z/P as I find nice ones that I like. Some Ricordia  and a couple clams. For fish, I want to also add a pair of Borbonius Anthias, a Helfrichs filefish and possibly a Potters angel.

As you can see, no expense was really spared on the equipment for this tank, I want it to be my best tank ever! Thanks for looking and stay tuned for updates!

post-2635518-0-81232700-1420125426_thumb.jpg

post-2635518-0-69061200-1420125437_thumb.jpg

post-2635518-0-37314800-1420125450_thumb.jpg

post-2635518-0-51062900-1420125541_thumb.jpg

Oops! Didn't see this when I posted the other comment in your other thread.

Thanks!

I love the rock work and the stand! where did you get the stand or did you make it?

Which IM skimmer did you get?

The stand I got from Lowes, it is a bathroom cabinet. I wanted to get a marble slab for the top of it but they wanted like $400 so I made this one out of tile. Much cheaper! The IM skimmer is the one for the Skimmate midsize. I am not sold on it yet. The way they did the rear chambers, my Tunze skimmer doesn't fit by about a quarter inch. I am sure IM did that on purpose. :( 

Since I am going to be fairly limited on space, I think I am going to get a real nice frag pack from one of the high end places and just let everything grow out. 

Are you referring to the rims on my bike? I like the green, it really makes the bike stand out. :)

post-2635518-0-33420900-1420133402_thumb.jpg

Love the tank...and just for the future...check out places like habitat for humanity or even some showrooms that have left over odds and ends... Much cheaper :)

And the tank and stand look great! Good start :)

I've placed a tunze9002 on my nuvo cube if the part that doesn't fit is the collection cup you can purchase the thinner one from in tank for like 30 bucks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have an innate cup for mine. I was using it in my Nuvo 16. It fit in there. The part that didn't fit was the magnet, I could have removed it and glued it to the wide side of the skimmer instead of the narrow side and it would have worked, but I figured I'd give the IM skimmer a shot. It is skimming fairly well now that it has broken in and I have a small bioload in the tank. I picked up a couple frags from Quantum today. I'll post some pics tomorrow. 

The Ducati 916/996/998 is my favorite Ducati. I'd love to find a nice one just to have one of these days. 

• 8 months later...

The tank has gone through a lot of changes, trials and tribulations over the last 9 months. I will post some pictures in a couple of days when I get the chance.

Additions: one of the clowns died a few months ago, I just replaced him last weekend at MACNA. I have a very small Red Sea Sailfin Tang(Tang police, please look away) and some sort of wrasse( I don't remember which kind). My future fish on the list is a Leopard wrasse and a yellow coris wrasse and the fish stocking will be complete.Many corals have been added. I am pretty much out of room except for 2 places that I need to fill. Then I will just let everything grow out.

About 4 months back, my house was struck by lightening and it fried my Apex. It was back and forth between Neptune Systems and I a couple of times and it took over 2 months for me to get everything back up and running properly and stable. it was a very frustrating time, without that stability, I lost a few corals. Everything is now operating properly and pretty stable for a small tank.

I wish I would have gone with the XR30 instead of the XR15. Just for that extra punch and saturation. Acros do not do very well. Montis do great though.

I am running the DoS with the Apex, it works well.

The IM Skimmate skimmer skims pretty well as long as I keep it clean.

In the future, I will upgrade the MP10's to the QD and before next summer, I will get a new chiller that doesn't sound the I brought my home AC unit into the house.

Pics to come!