Where can I go look at some fish tanks to buy?

Norboo

I've benn to places in Springfield, Centreville, Roozen and Pet Smart so far. I have cabin fever today and want to look at tanks. One small fresh water (10 to 20 gal) and one mid size reef tank (29 to 90 gal)

Thanks

Not many places carry tanks in stock like that. House of Tropicals up in Glen Burnie has tanks in stock, but their prices are ridiculous IMO. Petco carries tanks, but they will be the same as Petsmart for the most part.

Interesting. If customer buys a tank, they tend to buy tons of stuff to fill the tanks. I understand economy has been bad but they can't sell what they don't have. Impulse buy is great for business.

(edited)

I will be posting a price/size list of tanks that are on sale at HoT soon if you want to take a gander at it.

Thanks for the offer but I think I will take a drive out there on Tues.

I might even go as far as that pet place in PA.

Edited by Norboo

Congressional Aquarium in Rockville, MD has tank set ups you can look at (they aren't filled with water)

Thanks, had a good tour just now.

Anyone had experience with Red Sea plug and play system?

Petsmart next to Target and close to 7 corners has some nice sized tanks.

The plug and play tanks look very nice but cleaning out the back chambers is added work and I got sick of doing it.

• 1 year later...

You haven't gotten any yet? Do you have an idea of what you want? Have you been to House of Tropicals yet? They probably have the largest number of tanks in stock in this area. Comparable, if not more than That Fish Place (at least the last time I was there).

You haven't gotten any yet? Do you have an idea of what you want? Have you been to House of Tropicals yet? They probably have the largest number of tanks in stock in this area. Comparable, if not more than That Fish Place (at least the last time I was there).

I bought small tanks but looking for little larger. I will drive out there and take a look sometime this week. Thanks

Once you see something you like, just remember to shop around. Most LFSes (especially our sponsors) can order any tank for you at pretty good prices.