Green Chromis Bullying

Charlie97L

Ok I have a pair of green chromis... one is starting to pick on the other after about a week. I haven't seen any nipping, just a lot of chasing and attempted nipping. I know they are schooling fish... if I get a 3rd one do you think that might calm them down?

If you get a third you will be back to two in short order.

They are schooling fish but more like college with many dropping out and the class getting smaller until there's just a few left.

Don't ask why, the ones that dissapear do so before telling anyone why and they end up like Jimmy Hoffa, never to be found.

If you get a third you will be back to two in short order.

They are schooling fish but more like college with many dropping out and the class getting smaller until there's just a few left.

Don't ask why, the ones that dissapear do so before telling anyone why and they end up like Jimmy Hoffa, never to be found.

55111[/snapback]

yeah... hahaha. thanks chip... i'm contemplating taking them back and getting something else, the whole constant chasing thing is starting to get on my nerves.

Take them both back to your LFS and see if you can trade them in for a school of the same size fish? Get about 4-5 smaller ones and they will start to school after settling in UNLESS, what other fish do you have in the tank?

Take them both back to your LFS and see if you can trade them in for a school of the same size fish? Get about 4-5 smaller ones and they will start to school after settling in UNLESS, what other fish do you have in the tank?

55578[/snapback]

They are going to another member, they started chasing my wrasse last night, he's too fast for them tho, and hides in his caves. and they are giving my cardinal mean looks. :) He has fish of the same size, so they should all start schooling. thanks for the advice... i have a sixline and a bangaii cardinal. i have to decide what exactly else i'm going to get, and then the order they'll go in. i'm thinknig a pair of percs and a pair of firefish. i do want something that will swim around in the water column, as opposed to just hanging out. but i'm not sure which fish do that that are small besides damsels.