What is this little creature?

MillerTime

Found this little guy on my front glass and have no clue if it's good or bad. Started this tank with new base rock and non active sand a year and a half ago, but started adding coral over the last 5 months. I am assuming it hitched a ride from some of the coral I purchased.

Need to know I'd it is something I need to be concerned with.

Mostly Lps, softies, and zoas.

Thanks in advance!

Sorry, I guess I forgot to hit the attach this file button.

Some time of nudibranch.

Looks like the zoa eating nudis I had for a bit in my tank...if you have any corals they need to be taken out and dipped in coral rx or another treatment...also using flatworm exit helped kill mine....but you have to be diligent....

It's definitely a zoanthid eating nudibranch.  They absorb their pigmentation from the zoanthids they eat, so that may give you a clue where he's been munching lately.

They come off zoanthids pretty easily with a dip in Revive.  The egg masses aren't affected by most dips though, so the common protocol is to dip all your zoanthids every week or so for several weeks.  This ensures that any egg masses have a chance to hatch, but you kill the hatchlings before they reach maturity and lay new eggs.

Good luck!

Thanks for the help! I have 3 zoa colonies and 2 zoa frags. My two larger colonies are green and only partially opening so I guess I now know why.

I have coral rx on hand. I wasn't doing a dip or qt on any of my coral.... Lesson learned.

I would be careful with handling it. There is an article floating around about a guy who crushed one with his finger and ended up in the ER because the thing had paly toxin in it from eating the zoas.

• 1 month later...