Identification Needed Please

blueribbon

What is the green coral in this photo?  It was doing fine, and then it all died within a few days, and there is no trace of it at all.  I did kill some other coral, by grinding with a steel rod.  The coral I killed was encroaching on some real nice coral I wanted to keep.

433_Reduced_zpscaa2f811.jpg

What are the worms in the photo?  Are they bad to have in an aquarium?  They do eat dead fish or shrimp very fast.  I imagine they would be very hard to catch.  I wonder if I could trap them in a bottle trap, with shrimp (food) as bait?  Your comments would be appreciated.

I agree with John - Green Star Polyps and Bristle Worms.

The Bristle Worms are fine to leave in there - they eat detritus. Just don't touch them! Darn bristles are like a fuzzy cactus.

GSP. Bristle worms eat the food/poop your fish don't eat. Helps keep water quality good. Great addition to clean up crew. Large populations of them are indication of over feeding

All correct, and good info already. OP, if you killed your GSP, congrats! It's pretty in my opinion, but it grows VERY fast, for some it's a problem! I like to keep a little in my tank, isolated.