Woodworking studio

treesprite

I was really surprised to find a place that has a very well equiped, technologically up to date woodworking studio that is open to the public. It requires a club membership which is rather expebnsive, but one has to consider the value of being able to use the best of equipment without having to make messes at home. There are also woodworking classes which don't require the club membership, and there is a store front. It's on Parklawn Dr. in Rockville.

Cool! When I was in the Navy there were some bases around that had auto shops and wood shops that you could go to and do your own work.

I was really surprised to find a place that has a very well equiped, technologically up to date woodworking studio that is open to the public. It requires a club membership which is rather expebnsive, but one has to consider the value of being able to use the best of equipment without having to make messes at home. There are also woodworking classes which don't require the club membership, and there is a store front. It's on Parklawn Dr. in Rockville.

Is it this place, Forrest? Nice resource for people to have available. Thanks for mentioning it.

• 2 weeks later...

Yep, that's the one.

It would really be nice to have a place like that to have a WAMAS stand-building class (in about a year when I may be ready to set up a new tank).  We have enough people in WAMAS who are capable of leading such a class, and maybe we could talk the studio into giving us a special group rate.

Yep, that's the one.

It would really be nice to have a place like that to have a WAMAS stand-building class (in about a year when I may be ready to set up a new tank).  We have enough people in WAMAS who are capable of leading such a class, and maybe we could talk the studio into giving us a special group rate.

+1!!! Would love to build my own stand and canopy...The marineland stand is to low have a hard time with equipment maintenance

Edited by Paulcosta

(edited)

My present cabinet stand is one I made in my apartment. I think it's a decent stand given that it was done by a noob (me) with absolutely no guidance, with somewhat simple tools. But I think I could do much better and would really like to ahve a matching canopy and some storage space (not sure how that would work...).

Edited by treesprite