Why are pods so expensive ???

Tommy

Pods are everywhere in the ocean and live rocks right ? Over $20 for a small bottle is just redicoulous , Can anyone explain this to me please !!!

You've got to grow, harvest, package, ship, and still make a profit. It's business.

I'm sure any pod seller would invite you to harvest them yourself if you could do it cheaper :)

I guess …..but than brine shrimps are the same way right but why are they a lot cheaper ???   lol ….I would have bought your 60g tank package that u had for sale man if I wasn't living in a rental town home , such a good deal but I don't wanna move it in a year or so I'm just settling for 6 pico nanos for now …lol

Pods are everywhere in the ocean and live rocks right ? Over $20 for a small bottle is just redicoulous , Can anyone explain this to me please !!!

The other reason is think about how often you buy pods. Honestly I just did it once in the beginning and them you want need them. They have to make their money on the first shot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It takes a lot of effort first to make phyto then to culture the pods. Then to package and ship them. You have to constantly feed them, water changes, etc. it's not much different than culturing coral maybe harder. What vendors will sell you a coral for less than $20 and most of those would be a fragged up colony that just arrived...