ecotech vortech Question

Paulcosta

Im not sure if anyone has the same problem, but I cant seem to keep the cord holder on more than month. I put it on a very clean surface but it seems to fall off over a short time. Does anyone have a better solution?? 

Same problem I just replace mine when they fall off. You can get a 10 pack at lowes/hd for $2.

Thanks Cliff...I was starting to think it was just me...HD/Lowes here I come!!!

I have had similar issues. If you have a wood canopy, you can screw the holder into the wood, then put the zip tie through. Otherwise, multiple cord holders and making sure there isn't too much stress applied to them will help a lot.

I have had similar issues. If you have a wood canopy, you can screw the holder into the wood, then put the zip tie through. Otherwise, multiple cord holders and making sure there isn't too much stress applied to them will help a lot.

Unfortunately no canopy....I will do a couple of holders on each cord...I have been lucky that the vortech has been staying on when the cord holder falls off do far...I just don't want to come home and see them on the floor busted up..Thanks for the input!!

What are you cleaning it with? If you clean it with rubbing alcohol and a paper towel and then don't touch the surface, it should stay there for a very, very long time.

What are you cleaning it with? If you clean it with rubbing alcohol and a paper towel and then don't touch the surface, it should stay there for a very, very long time.

Rubbing alcohol is the way to go.  Put mine up almost 2 years ago and its still up there.

Rubbing alcohol is the way to go.  Put mine up almost 2 years ago and its still up there.

i have been using Windex Vinegar...I will try the rubbing alcohol and see if that works better

Mine stay on forever, but I also use the lowes/HD ones not the ones that come with the Vortech

Edited by Jim Mc