Man almost killed by fish tank

sen5241b

So all I want to know (after seeing he is ok) is whether the fish are OK!, and was it saltwater or fresh? :blink:

hmm   20 gallon tank on a metal stand,   good thing it was not my DD

Edited by gwweber

That's why you don't put a fish tank above where you sleep in an area that is known for earthquakes.

I thought my tanks were gonna fall, lots of water splashing out.

Article said he was sleeping on his friend's floor. Just bad luck!

This has me wondering... is there anything I should do to insure my condo in case of aquarium leaks/floods/acts of chaos. A rider on my homeowner's insurance maybe? Not sure what's covered by default.

Article said he was sleeping on his friend's floor. Just bad luck!

This has me wondering... is there anything I should do to insure my condo in case of aquarium leaks/floods/acts of chaos. A rider on my homeowner's insurance maybe? Not sure what's covered by default.

Check with your agent

i would never sleep near or below a tank..especially not mine at 150g...thoug its acrylic...you never know when something freak is going to happen...

when i lived in washington state i always had to check the tank and stand after an earthquake...makes you worried,lol

I'd have said that we don't need to worry about quakes in the DC area, but 3 or 4 summers a big local one proved me wrong.  At that time my tank didn't have glass or water, it would be a big financial blow if it happened again.