Jebao RW Series Mount

bqq100

One of my WP10's just died and I'm thinking of getting a RW4 to replace it.  I want to mount it to the back wall and have it rotated 90 degrees so the flow is parallel with the back wall.  Looking at pictures, this would mean the power cord is sticking out into the tank.  Is the mount reversible so it's sticking toward the back? Or better yet, can you rotate it so it would be sticking up toward the top of the tank?

Thanks!

I could, but I would prefer not to have anything on the side wall.  If that's the only mounting option I may just get another WP10.

Could you put it on the side wall instead near the back wall and have the cord going straight up

This is how mine is. I'm pretty sure you can't mount it the way you want. I just tried to flip the wire to the inside and there isn't enough clearance to do so.

OK.  I am interested in this topic too, because my Tunze are mounted on the back wall and I was considering replacing them with RW-8 pumps because they dim down to 10% instead of 30%.  The Tunze mount allows the wire to go on the inside, so my wires go toward the back of the tank and not the front. 

Dmitri, do you think you could notch the bracket or something on the RW to get it to go on the inside?

No chance. The placement of that wire is poorly thought out for this scenario.

I had sent an email to Logan at ReefBreeders, and according to him,you can remove the pump from the mount, and reattach it so the wire faces the opposite direction.  Is the wire pretty flexible to make a tight turn?

I had sent an email to Logan at ReefBreeders, and according to him,you can remove the pump from the mount, and reattach it so the wire faces the opposite direction.  Is the wire pretty flexible to make a tight turn?

Not happening. That's what I tried. If you can somehow "force it" you would probably damage the wire.

Not happening. That's what I tried. If you can somehow "force it" you would probably damage the wire.

Bummer.  I'll probably end up getting one, and seeing if I can rig something up.  If not I can live with it mounted one the side wall for one side of the tank and I'll use the WP10 on the other side.