Client wants a custom stand and canopy with a stone finish...

I have a client with a 175 bow, but the stand is crumbling out from under the tank (bottom of one piece is twice as wide as it should be from water damage). They don't like nice wood stands because they are 'too common'. They saw a tank somewhere that had a custom stone finish. I couldn't see anything from the pics so I couldn't tell if it was a stand with a stone finish to it or if the tank was built in to the structure which happened to be stone/tile.

I am guessing the best option will be a custom wood stand that has stone tiles on it.

If anyone has any sources for someone who could do this please let me know.

You're looking for someone to do tile work. The stands that they are seeing are most certainly plain 2x4 wood stands made with plywood and/or cement backer board to affix the tile to.

you could certainly build a stand out of 100% masonry construction. Block pillars with stone veneer. Most of the "stone" wall s around NoVa are done this way.

Anthony Fazio has a wood stand with stone veneer. He's here on Wamas somewhere....

Where is the tank? Solid masonry is not going to be very cheap, but my company can do anything. They are probably just looking for a veneer on the outside of the tank stand. If their house is already built and everything around it is "clean" and decorated you will have another problem, or expense to protect everything. PM me if you are interested.

I agree that the best thing would be 2x4s with natural looking tile to finish it off. I am just hoping to get in touch with a couple people who have had or done this, get pricing, and see if that is what the client actually wants to pay for.