yelllow pyramids, anthias, burgessi, and others...

monkiboy

Are burgessi considered reef safe?

i've kept and qt'd/treated a lot of roaps butterflys - c.burgessi, declivis, and tinkeri i've had great success with in customer's and my personal sps and mixed reefs. i would say most of the roaps subgenus are pretty darn good picks. if a sps dominant tank i wouldn't even think twice and would add them.

butterfly fish don't get enough credit and there are some great species worth a shot in our reefs. there not usually the brightest or fastest but incredibly elegant and enthralling to watch.

i've kept and qt'd/treated a lot of roaps butterflys - c.burgessi, declivis, and tinkeri i've had great success with in customer's and my personal sps and mixed reefs. i would say most of the roaps subgenus are pretty darn good picks. if a sps dominant tank i wouldn't even think twice and would add them.

butterfly fish don't get enough credit and there are some great species worth a shot in our reefs. there not usually the brightest or fastest but incredibly elegant and enthralling to watch.

I'll take one if any are available (or will be after QT)!

Fish look great!

Good to know. Thanks for the info sir! 

Fish look great Sir, love the butterflies!!

thanks sir - me too! got all kinds of goodness coming in stay tuned!

I'll take one if any are available (or will be after QT)!

sounds good bud - i got you!

Fish look great!

Good to know. Thanks for the info sir! 

thanks - always glad to help!

• 2 weeks later...

still have one of the burgessi butterflys available!

eating very well, brilliant contrast in coloration, one of the safest reef-safe bets, and best of all completely quarantined and treated through our comprehensive protocol as outlined here http://wamas.org/forums/topic/67727-you-scream-i-scream-we-all-scream-for-quarantine, which you will not find anywhere else.

come and get him!