John Fords new 75 Gallon

Got my new Curve 7 in today! I soaked in vinager last night and after i put it in it had already formed a foam head.

Im nervous to see if its been overflowing all day when i get home~

image_zps549c3f5a.jpg

looking good, sir. Eager to hear more about how you like the skimmer. 

looking good, sir. Eager to hear more about how you like the skimmer.

Thanks!

So far Im happy with the purchase. Its been in my tank for 24 hours in its max setting which would be the driest skim (seems backwards) ill slowly turn it to min to get the skim that i like.

One thing that already makes me happy is after i fed yesterday i still had a foam head in the skimmer. Is was knocked back a little but quickly bounced back. My EV180 would lose its head from 3 hours to 3 days.

One thing that upset me (i could just be me) is the rock sp2000 pump is advertised at 16 watts. Thats not the case for 120 volts. Its name plate says 22 watts. I know big deal right? What gets me is that has a 520lph air draw. The RO comparible model had a 22w pump with a 900 lph air draw. I may have chosen differently knowing that the rock pump was less efficient but i chose the curve based on efficiency. Maybe not but now i think twice about it.

I will say the Curve 7 is built real well. Its compact and fit my need there. Now I dont have to build a new sump. Its real quiet, just the hum of air draw. Maybe the RO is louder? It will be super easy to clean compaired to my EV180. And that had a mag 9.5 running at about 95 watts so I have the energy savings that I was looking for. Well close to :)

Ill update in the next few days once i fine tune the flow in it and it breaks in more.

Looking good! That is a very pretty skimmer :)

Thanks!

So far the Skimmer has been running for almost 4 days. There is about a half inch of mudwater in the collection cup. So far so good :)

Edited by John Ford

Well one week after firing this bad boy up Id say im extremely happy with my purchase. The skimmer cup is twice the size of my old. In the same amount of time it has filled up twice the amount of skimmate and its twice as dark. Im hoping its not too much of a skimmer for my softie tank...

image_zpse2816cc5.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Well i decided to set up a frag tank. I had 90% of the stuff collecting dust between aquarium parts and left over basement materials. I traded Ed (shoelace) several frags for the 40 breeder and spent a couple bucks for a small skimmer. Over the next few weeks ill get my lights layed out better and start to get the tank up to salinity. Im just using old tank water from water changes for now.

image_zps541d43b0.jpg

image_zpsd3279695.jpg

Still debating on adding a few more 2x4s to my stand and what fish im going to add. Maybe a sixline and some damsels? I dont want damsels in my display because how mean they are but theres some cool looking ones i wouldnt mind having

Yes sir! Actually my main is Zoa dominated :)

Id like to get into trading a little bit more and now i have a holding tank so i can observe new frags before i add them to my display. win win!

• 3 months later...

I wish i could get pictures of it that look like your there in person like so many of you can. Right now the blues are almost off and it loses that pop for sure

• 2 months later...
(edited)

It looks great!m

Well it did :blast:

DSC_0007_zpsx5dru3ql.jpg

Due to the unknown of a few things I decided to break this tank down. I since regret doing it and I most likley will end up starting it back up in a few months. I think my wife is going to try and go back to work so It will remove the need to have stable roomates to make ends meet, so my fingers are crossed that ill be able to fire the main tank back up. Good thing is I have 90% of my frags so restarting it will be easy

DSC_0009%202_zpssngheqn5.jpg

DSC_0029%202_zpsmk3wixrp.jpg

DSC_0023%202_zpsqne25cmn.jpg

[/uR

DSC_0019_zpsp0imlnjg.jpg

Edited by John Ford

Looking good, John! Look forward to the new jam!