NEED HELP ASAP

Squishie89

I think my cucumber released his toxins. Fish are gasping. I have added air stones. Water is mixing right now. I am adding carbon as we speak. What else can I do? I do not have a QT set up, but once the water is ready I could set it up.

I always hear people talking about the cucumber poison thing, but honestly it always comes via 3rd or 4th hand so I've always taken those "warnings" with a grain of salt. Did the cucumber look or behave differently recently to make you think that it was the culprit?

I guess, if there is the possibility that something is fouling the water, the water change and carbon should do something. Not sure if the air stones would help much. I am interested on how this turns out as I also have a cucumber ( which never moves) and would like to know of some sort of "warning".

On the other hand, is it possible that something else happened? Cat pee in the tank? Spray cleaners in tank?

Performed a 20% water change. 600g of carbon is in the sump. 4 air stones in the tank. Copperband butterfly is doing the worst as she is laying down at this point. The other 8 fish aren't great but not as bad as her at the moment.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

i would say do a few more water changes...as soon as you can get new sw made...

i think it sounds like your doing what you can...adding carbon and airstones for oxygenation...

may want to take nitrite and phosphate numbers...see where they lay....

Clementine (butterfly) died. She was dead when I got to the tank in the morning. Everybody else was "okay" to "normal" except George (blenny) who was breathing very heavy. When I got home after the tank build, George was dead. All other fish; 2 clownfish, 2 pipefish, 1 mandarin, 1 randalls goby, and 1 gumdrop coral croucher are all fine. I just did a 15g water change and I am making more RODI water right now. I have also been adding in nitrifying bacteria to help deal with the die off from the fish. Smaug (cucumber) was still alive when I got home, but very obviously dying, so I put him in the freezer.

Despite how absolutely horrible this has been, unfortunately it could have been A LOT worse. It is only due to me having RODI water and carbon on hand, and catching it REALLY early that I was able to save anyone.

We are all proud of you, Jessica!  You work so hard to keep your animals alive (all of them), it's really sad when you lose some.  Keep the faith and keep up the hard work.

Ross