180G tank options

emissary

So I'm looking at three possible vendors for a new 180G tank. All tanks will be custom made to 72x24x25 with 3 holes in the back for 3 1.5" bulkheads. All tanks (I think) will have euro-bracing. All tanks will have starphire glass on the front and sides. The three potential vendors are:

Aquarium Obsessed

Miracles Aquariums

Oceanic

Now... I can't find information about how Oceanic braces their tanks ... and as I recall there was one model (was it the 75G?) that had a WIDE center brace that was kind of annoying. Anyone know more? Thoughts? Pricing from all three vendors are within a $200 range.

The only one I've heard of is Oceanic. I like their tanks as they are nice thick glass, generous silicone in the seams, and the trim is nice and thick (and also siliconed down to the glass). I don't know about the brace, but I think they have a website. Take a look there and see. Again, I have never heard of the other brands, but have an Oceanic myself. The best thing about the trim is that it's heavy enough to support my over the tank surge/refugium without any concerns.

After your experience with Glasscages I would be hesitant to go with Aquarium Obsessed. I haven't seen anything on the web that suggests Will is rude, but I have seen posts that indicate that he is overworked and not entirely honest with his customers.

Take a look at this link and follow the links within:

http://www.reefland.com/forum/equipment-ar...phire-tank.html.

I can't vouch for any of it, I have never dealt with Aquarium Obsessed. I loved his thread in the large tank forum on reef central and considered buying from him, but buyer beware.

Simply from a friendly curiosity standpoint,

Why not get a tank made by AGA or Perfecto?

Both have been doing it as long as you've been alive, have great reputations, warranties and can be drilled the way you want them.

They may even offer reef ready in the big sizes too.

My 220 Perfecto is 10 years old, older than most you mentioned have been in business.

Again, just curious.

Why not get a tank made by AGA or Perfecto?

Both have been doing it as long as you've been alive, have great reputations,  warranties and can be drilled the way you want them.

Well I do want specific drilling, and it's my understanding that getting an AGA or Perfecto drilled will void the warranty. I'm also interested in getting the new fangled starphire glass and euro-bracing.