DC8 power issues.

Supernova26

Hey guys, 

I picked up a non functional DC8 today and I am looking for some troubleshooting help. The DC8 outlets are all off with no power being delivered. The voltage regulator sends a constant 5V to every chip in the board and all individual triacs measurements are ok. I connected the unit to the apex but I don't know if the apex is able to see the unit. Has anyone seen this before on the DC8?

I haven't experienced this before. Have you tried using a different USB to connect the DC8 to the main module? Maybe the issue is with the connection wire.

Are the address switches set up correctly? Are you addressing the DC8 correctly from the base unit? Did you add the DC8 module to the Apex's address space? (I don't think that the Apex can recognize it automatically.) Was it working for the last owner?

Tom,

I believe it was bought from someone that just posted for sale on wamas recently. It was nonfunctional. Have contact Apex technician for the issue. They respond very fast and can troubleshoot the problem remotely.

Tom, s2nhle is correct. The unit was nonfunctional but i like to tinker with stuff so it's more like diy project for me.

Since all of the outlets are out at one time, it sounds like it's either not receiving commands, not recognizing the commands, or cannot process the commands. I believe that there's a green light near where the RJ-11 connector is located and that it blinks when the unit receives command traffic over the link. Are you seeing that light blink?

Thanks Tom thats good o know. The light does not blink. I believe it's not receiving commands correctly. There is a photo coupler ps-2501-2 chip that has a slight color change possibly from overheating. I don't know how to test this chip. I will probably buy one and replace it.

Thanks Tom that's good to know. The light does not blink. I believe it's not receiving commands correctly. There is a photo coupler ps-2501-2 chip that has a slight color change possibly from overheating. I don't know how to test this chip. I will probably buy one and replace it.

That would really be cool if that's all it was. Keep us posted.