Loco's IM 16g Nuvo

londonloco

• 3 months later...

So what is going on with your tank?

Update?

+1 on updates!

It's was a busy spring, which turned into a long, hard summer.  I am way over due on updates on both this tank, and the 60g.  I'm off again this weekend, and all of labor day week.  If this chit ever ends, I'll take the time to update with pics.  Thanks for the shout out u3.........

...lonis been away on a family emergency for a bit...I was at her house 2 weeks ago and it looks good! She's got some cool macro algae growing....

Thanks Kimmy.  I have a few more weeks of craziness, then kids are gone and I'll be home for 30 days straight....enough time to vinegar clean everything off and take some pics.  We do need to set a date for another road trip tho  :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Glad to hear that you're still around. Look forward to hearing more about the mantis when you get some time!

(edited)

Thanks!  I haven't bought a mantis yet.  I have an email from BlueZooAquatics, they have Purple Spot Mantis -  Medium, in stock.  I just can't in good conscience put one in the 16g and then leave for several days.  My FIL died last week, and we'll be taking monthly trips to NC until things are settled with my MIL.  Hopefully I can get my hands on one in Sept,  3-4 weeks I'll be at home consistently....so a good time to plop one in the tank.  I'll def get pics up once I have one in the tank.

Edited by londonloco

Thanks!  I haven't bought a mantis yet.  I have an email from BlueZooAquatics, they have Purple Spot Mantis -  Medium, in stock.  I just can't in good conscience put one in the 16g and then leave for several days.  My FIL died last week, and we'll be taking monthly trips to NC until things are settled with my MIL.  Hopefully I can get my hands on one in Sept,  3-4 weeks I'll be at home consistently....so a good time to plop one in the tank.  I'll def get pics up once I have one in the tank.

Sorry to hear, my condolences to you and your family.

It's for the best you don't have one in there yet! Think of it this way, now that it's cycled, and you put some sweet live rock in there already, you've just been building the perfect environment for one first!

• 1 month later...

Update day!  I love this tank.  Easy to remove the hair/bubble algae that has migrated from the 60g to this 16g.  WC's literally take 15 mins, and that includes wiping down the walls and cleaning the ps weekly.  I have purchased many zoa's and planted them on the rocks.  I also have a candy cane coral that has gone from two heads to 7 in 5 months.  I did buy another one headed neon green candy cane and a few more zoe's that are chilling on my rocks until......drum roll.....my smithii mantis makes his home.  Yes, finally, after 6 months of waiting, I finally bought one :clap: :clap: :clap:

Blue zoo had them in again, and I snagged one, delivered to me last Friday.  It took 3 days of hiding, but today, all day, I've heard snapping.  ALL DAY.  He's moved from a cave I can view from the front of the tank, to building his own cave three rocks over, access from the back of the tank :angry:  :angry:   I did get to see him grab, punch and eat a snail today....that was very interesting.  Once I get a tripod I'll try to get some pics.

The tank still has macro algae growing, and 2 of the 4 pencil urchins that came in the rock (the other two are in the 60g) and several spaghetti worms that come out at night.  I also added a yellow tail blue damsel.  My grand daughter calls him the "angry fish".  Had to laugh at that one.

A few Amanda shots:

CandyCane2_Web.jpg

CandyCane1_Web.jpg

16gIM_web.jpg