Dieing Milli HELP

Guest reeffoto

Guest reeffoto
A couple days ago I noticed a few branches on my Purple milli had died.  I cut it off past the dead area.  Everything seemed fine till this morning.  A large section was covered in a brown slime.  I pulled the colony out and completely fragged it.  Is there anything else I should do to help the frags survive.  Everything else in the tank is doing fine including anenomes milli's acros clams LPS ect.  I plan on doing a water change today.  This colony was grown from a frag and is several years old.

What was near this colony?  Anything fighting with it?  I notice this kind of thing when corals are in territory chemical warfare mode.

just a thot...

s

Guest reeffoto
It died from the center moving out.  The colony was about the size of a nerf football.  It all ended up dieing except fo a large stalk that grew wierd straight up.  This section no longer had any tissue attached to the rest of the colony

I am sorry to hear that Ward. I hope you get some more flow in the tank. And I hope the frag lives and I think it will if you get some more flow to it.

In the past. I had a similar thing happen to a piece of my coral.

I too fraged some and then gave each frag a fresh water dip

along with the colony. Had very good success with it and several times

with a percula clowns and white puffy stuff.

The only thing I do to the water is declor and temp match.

I dunked each piece for as long as 30 seconds and fish slightly longer.

Chip

Guest reeffoto
I had thought about the freshwater dip but wasn't sure.  I will be taking care of the flow tomorrow.  I picked up a GRI 15700 pump for the return and the 2 15 gallon tanks will run off the old return instead of out of the main tank.  This new pump is rated at 35 gpm up to a 62 foot head.  I should have plenty of flow with that.  This pump is huge.  I was somewhat worrie about noise but have heard they are very quiet.