Saltlife's SPS Fusion

SaltLife

Oh the custom caddy for 40 and 30l doesn't come out till next month, I contacted innovative marine

BTW thanks for this heads up!!! I was about to do what you already did thanks for this, and I will be looking for them next month!

Love the woodwork! Wish I had space upstairs for the Fusion. I have an IM16 and am looking to upgrade to the 24, but I don't have the depth on the cabinet for the Fusion.

Looks great, I love the lack of rock and planning on more coral growth.

Following along.

Thank you sir. I have been following your build thread very carefully, at one point I was trying to find a cabinet like the one you had on your reef. Now I'm watching the Nanobox light that you have. I saw that he just released the duo with a goose neck ... I may have to look into getting that in my future.

I did have a question about the storm controller. What does it look like? Can you program it and walk away from it or does it need a apex to control it?

Forgot to take pictures of mine last night, but here is someone elses

ggggg.JPG

Basically just a screen and a knob. You can program everything on it, sunrise, sunset, color channels, storms, clouds, ramp times, etc...

I believe monkiboy got water in his and now has a different light.

Edited by brad908

(edited)

This will take it to the next level.

Here is a link to the build on RC. http://reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2266751

That is really nice! I like most of all though how he did the top. Great work!

Love the woodwork! Wish I had space upstairs for the Fusion. I have an IM16 and am looking to upgrade to the 24, but I don't have the depth on the cabinet for the Fusion.

Looks great, I love the lack of rock and planning on more coral growth.

Following along.

Thank you for the compliment! That 24 is sexy, originally thats what my game plan was until I heard the SR-30 was coming out then, it has a little bit more depth. One thing about the long shallow tanks is they look bigger than what they are, only downer is that they are narrow so it can limit to an extent coral growth and aqua scape capabilities.

Forgot to take pictures of mine last night, but here is someone elses

Basically just a screen and a knob. You can program everything on it, sunrise, sunset, color channels, storms, clouds, ramp times, etc...

I believe monkiboy got water in his and now has a different light.

Thank you very much! I was surprised when i couldn't find a picture but that pic does all the justice i need. Thank you again!

Edited by SaltLife

(edited)

Im hoping some of the zeovit users chime in here. Im on day 12 of the cycle but I'm very hesitant about adding fish. I just added an Arco and a clean up crew that are doing very well. Ammonia and no3 are undetectable.

My reasoning is that the biological process for breaking down ammonia hasn't really established yet and the snails already poop so I already have something feeding the bacteria. Adding a fish would give me a lot more ammonia that would kick start a much bigger algae bloom that many people complain about. So what I'm thinking is waiting until week 5 when I can do a water change and media replacement then slowly add the fish.

before then I still plan on adding more corals as long as they do well.

Edited by SaltLife

You don't have to add fish. Check out the Zeo forum for help and examples. Don't change out 100% media just half. Nothing wrong with taking it slow.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk

Nothing wrong with taking it slow.

Wise words.

personally I don't think there is any escaping the algae outbreaks....

I agree, it's part of the cycle!

haha, yes you are all very right. I just don't want anything that will be out of control, and it is definitely part of the cycle. Just like to take things slow, because like many people and probably just about everyone, I have taken things to fast and thats when things go down hill fast.

So far today is day 13

Dosing schedule:

.2 ml ZeoStart

1 drop sponge power

1 drop ZeoBac -  x2 a week Tuesday/Friday

I have added some more corals and so far all are doing great with great polp extension. 2 acros, 1 monti, 1 unknown coral from frag fest SPS, and a ORA green Toadstool. I hope to get some pics this weekend.

As of now the 20th of April is when i will add my clowns and then maybe another month from then my firefish. I have this date because this will be my 5 week water and 50% media change.

Thanks for the feedback and input everyone.

Saltlife