Honestly, member how many has or had red bugs?

fscbishop

Honestly, member how many has or had red bugs?  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Honestly, how many members has or had red bugs? I know there is members out there that knowingly sell corals to people without letting them know, especially to rookies like myself. Member votes are not public

• I had them but nuked them with interceptor or equivalent
    • I have them and they do not bother me because my corals are doing fine
    • I have them and sold corals to people because it is not my problem
    • I have never had them

If you knew of someone selling corals and/or other things that came from their tank with known parasitic issues, is it your or my civic duty to inform the club?

Seriously.

Honestly, if I knew of somebody selling or trading corals with pests I would tell the club. However, I don't.

I guess it was a bad joke. I still stand by:

I think it's probably safe to say, trust no one, dip everything.

Manage your risk.

Always assume new fish are diseased and new corals, including softies, have pests.  I have said it once and I will say it again, it is the responsibility of the hobbyist to take action.  Some choose to take no action, which is fine, I am sure they understand the risk.  

Haven't had them yet, but my tank is still very young.  I have had red planaria which my mystery wrasse takes care of, and now how Vermetid snails, which I am hand plucking with every water change.  I have dipped EVERY coral that has gone into my tank with Revive, I am now dipping in Bayer AND FWE also.......

Edit:   Question, for those of you that dip using multiple products, do you dip a separate container for every product,  or do you plop all products in one container and only dip the coral once?

Edited by londonloco

Haven't had them yet, but my tank is still very young.  I have had red planaria which my mystery wrasse takes care of, and now how Vermetid snails, which I am hand plucking with every water change.  I have dipped EVERY coral that has gone into my tank with Revive, I am now dipping in Bayer AND FWE also.......

Edit:   Question, for those of you that dip using multiple products, do you dip a separate container for every product,  or do you plop all products in one container and only dip the coral once?

Just put a dab of super glue over the tip and they will die.  Plucking them is next to imppossible.

Just put a dab of super glue over the tip and they will die.  Plucking them is next to imppossible.

The snails? I'm shocked the mystery doesn't take care of them as well. Btw, you're new signature is a hair away from giving me an epileptic seizure