Where to buy a 20-inch sediment filter for the house?

Origami

Where can I find a 20-inch x 2.5 inch sediment filter for a long filter canister?

The last few days the water pressure's been low in our house - way lower than usual. I figured that it was always low seeing how, for the last 2-1/2 years we've lived in this house which is on a well.

So today, I decided that I'm going to check the pressure on the bladder tank and maybe turn the pressure up a bit. But, when I check the pressure, it's 70 pounds. I then look at the pressure gauge on the line and it's sitting squarely on 70 pounds, too. Then I trace the line up toward the filtration system and notice that there's this big filter cartridge that I've never really paid attention to because I was storing things in the closet around it. I set the cartridge on bypass and the water pressure in the house seems like it's improved. Then I get a wrench and open the cartridge.

Yuck.

It's a sediment filter and it's filled with what looks like clay (I suspect that's exactly what it is). Gray-green clay. It's not only clogged the filter, but there's so much clay in the canister that I have a hard time taking the filter out.

I feel like such a newb. Here I got this nice little RO/DI thing going in the fish room and work to keep the cartridges up to date, but for the last 2-1/2 years, I've not bothered to change this one out.

Anyways, I'm looking for a source of  20-inch cartridge. The website for HD and Lowe's doesn't seem to list any.

Yes. But local. I can buy online for about 2 bucks each but want to get a new filter in place right away. I'll check Amazon and use my Amazon prime for a delivery next week, but want one, if possible, tomorrow.

Thanks. That's a bit far. Looking for something out toward Leesburg. I figure that there's got to be something out here seeing how so many of us are on wells here.

Check Sears...sometimes they have things like that?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

I may have to do that. Thanks.

Did you try TW Perry in Leesburg? Also, we used Tri County Plumbing quite a bit - they may know of a local resource. And you never know what you might find at Nichols Hardware in P'ville.

Drive by TW Perry today. Didn't stop. Tried Nichols. No go. They said Dominion Water in Purcellville had them. Will probably hit them tomorrow.

Sent from my Rezound on Tachyon using Tapatalk

Tom if you need to work tomorrow let me know exactly what you need and I can look around as I will be out and about all day tomorrow and can easily pick it up somewhere if you find out someone has it or I come across it and then you can swing by on your way home to pick it up

Grainger

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You mean the local outlet or online? I know that there's a local one in Sterling. Online is out. I've got some (25) on order. I just wanted to have something in there before Christmas, if possible.

Tom if you need to work tomorrow let me know exactly what you need and I can look around as I will be out and about all day tomorrow and can easily pick it up somewhere if you find out someone has it or I come across it and then you can swing by on your way home to pick it up

Thanks, Jenn. Karen's off, too.

Heck, I may make it a short day even though I have a deliverable to release before the 31st.

You mean the local outlet or online? I know that there's a local one in Sterling. Online is out. I've got some (25) on order. I just wanted to have something in there before Christmas, if possible.

Thanks, Jenn. Karen's off, too.

Heck, I may make it a short day even though I have a deliverable to release before the 31st.

ok...shoot me a text if I can help out...

Probably too late but I keep a few spares at the restaurant (ice machine) and your welcome to one.  You can also just stack 2 10" for a sedi filter, I have done this in the past and it works just fine.

Probably too late but I keep a few spares at the restaurant (ice machine) and your welcome to one. You can also just stack 2 10" for a sedi filter, I have done this in the past and it works just fine.

I considered stacking two but was concerned there might be leakage between the two stages or that it would align. The compression is enough for it to work?

25 shipped today. Dominion Water was a bust. They had 4.5 inch but I need 2.5.

Sent from my Rezound on Tachyon using Tapatalk