What's This? Anemone?

CaptainRon

So saw this front and center on the glass this morning. It's sitting in a contain in the frag tank now - can toss it if it's a known baddie or let it grow for a little while in the container and see what the heck it turns into! I suppose it could be a tiny RBTA transfered from my Dad's tank. It seems to stick pretty quickly - I took the pictures and by the time I walked back to the frag tank to transfer it to a different container, it was sticking by the foot already. Anyway, here's the photos...

20131215_091145.jpg

20131215_091252.jpg

20131215_091523.jpg

20131215_091602.jpg

Just wait and watch. I had a baby bubble tip anemone like this show up in one of my auxiliary tanks a couple of years ago. It looked very similar to this, except that I noticed it probably when it was about the size of a dime (larger than what you have there). By then, it had just a hint of tentacles. It'll be fun watching it.

Thanks for the input guys. I have it in a separate container that's in the tank right now. Hopefully I can keep it around - I think it'll be fun to see what I end up with, even if it does turn out to be an aiptasia lol.