Trying To Revive My Acans

Piper

In response to a chronic pH problem, a few months ago, we put a doser in place. Since then, I am completely convinced that the two-part solution is the best way for me to go, has worked out beautifully. However, the doser was a disaster. I trusted the technology and it apparently failed almost immediately with some sort of clog. I should have noticed. Shame on me. But that's why I got a doser in the first place, so I didn't have to check every day. My tank is stable and pH is fine and has been for a long time. My acros are exploding with growth. My acans however just are not coming back. They have not bloomed since the event, and are not showing any signs of repairing themselves. I'm dosing with vitamins daily. I'm not sure what else to do, but I love them, and want to fix them. Advice welcome.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

I would try the zeovit lps amino acid, it has done wonders for my lps. New heads on my hammers and my gold torch is much larger in just a few weeks. Quantum reefs carries it if your looking for a place locally.

I would try the zeovit lps amino acid, it has done wonders for my lps. New heads on my hammers and my gold torch is much larger in just a few weeks. Quantum reefs carries it if your looking for a place locally.

Thanks. They're a good 45 minutes from me. I'll see about mail order.

Edited by Piper

With all my pumps turned off I lay a couple mysis shrimp or black worms on my acans shortly after lights off when their tentacles come out. Even if they are not out within a few minutes of laying food on them they will be. I was doing this every other day but in trying to cut down on nutrients I do it once a week now. They seem to love it

I don't believe I have any pests. Been checked before, and while I've added some livestock recently, I hadn't in ages at the time all of this came down. There's no evidence then or now of pests. No nudis in the tank. I broadcast feed cyclopese after lights out almost every night.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk