Red Sea MAX130D skimmer

SpideyFish

I used a Tunze 9002 when I had a RSM130 (not D) in my wife's office. I had it attached to an In-Tank media rack using Tunze's mounting magnets. Ultimately, I found it much easier to manage water quality through water changes since the tank is so small.

I was thinking of going the Tunze/ media rack combo also.  Water changes are my main method I just wanted a good skimmer for extra punch, how did the Tunze workout for you I have read mixed reviews.

Tunze worked great for me, but I sumped my RSM130D switch to a SWC 120. Totally loved it then. Ran a CAD sump on the setup.

I was thinking of going the Tunze/ media rack combo also.  Water changes are my main method I just wanted a good skimmer for extra punch, how did the Tunze workout for you I have read mixed reviews.

Tunze worked great for me, but I sumped my RSM130D switch to a SWC 120. Totally loved it then. Ran a CAD sump on the setup.

In my case, I had a stock RSM130 in my wife's home office. The 9002 would slowly pull out a weak tea-colored skimmate as the tank probably ran pretty clean. Seeing how I was changing upwards of 30 gallons a week in my main display downstairs, adding another 3 -4 gallons per week was light work. So, in my case, the value of a skimmer on such a small system was questionable in my opinion.

BTW I still have the sump CPR overflow & return pump. All you need is a ATO I used to add Kalk to my ATO via TLF Kalk stirrer . I will post or email you some pics later.

I used a Tunze 9002 when I had a RSM130 (not D) in my wife's office. I had it attached to an In-Tank media rack using Tunze's mounting magnets. Ultimately, I found it much easier to manage water quality through water changes since the tank is so small.

I am the current owner of Origami's RSM, still has the in tank and tunze. Produces as Tom says. I guess you can say it works....

• 1 month later...

I have an Aqua Medic Turboflotor Blue 500 hanging off my InTank media rack. It's a great skimmer and nice upgrade.

From what I have read either the Tunze or the one I have are good choices.

Chris