Are you an APEX King? If so, I would like to chat with you.

Fireman12s

Hi Gang,

As most of you know, I am new here.  I recently became hooked by the hobby, and soon, I will be switching form my 36 Gallon Bow to a 90 Gallon Bow.  I have an Apex Lite, and soon to come will be lights, Protien Skimmer, Sump, ATO, etc.  So, I want to try to make my system as automated as possible, and I figured since I have the Apex, I may as well use it. :laugh:   Here is the issue... I am still a novice at it.  I have the basics down... you know, on, off, timers, etc, and they work very well on my current tank, and I am quite satisfied. 

What I am looking for is someone who has great knowledge of programming the apex, and has the time to spend with me to show me the ropes in regard to programming etc.  Any help would be appreciated!  If you consider yourself and Apex Expert, and you are willing, and have time to work with me.. send me a PM.

Thanks in advance!

-B :cool:

Hope you don't mind me watching this thread.  I am a novice and a new apex owner as well.  I am still hesitant to attach my main return to it because a possible glitch.  I have found the Neptune Apex forum very helpful in becoming a great soundboard to ensure you are on the right track.  Additionally, members will provide programs for you or review your programs and provide input

e

Hope you don't mind me watching this thread.  I am a novice and a new apex owner as well.  I am still hesitant to attach my main return to it because a possible glitch.  I have found the Neptune Apex forum very helpful in becoming a great soundboard to ensure you are on the right track.  Additionally, members will provide programs for you or review your programs and provide input

Just signed up for the forum.. however, I prefer to sit down with someone who can help.  For me it is easier to be shown, then actually do the process, as opposed to read all day, etc. 

PS... I can compensate with your favorite flavor of fizzy beverage, fine cigars, a rum and coke in my shisha (h o ok a h)  lounge/fish room along with good conversation or other similar compensation for your time. Oh, and I am drug free, so don't get any ideas about the shisha lounge!

Thanks! -B t3012.gif

Edited by Fireman12s

Apparently Neptune Systems is working a wizard-based version of the controller software.  Not sure how long it will take though, it's being beta tested soon.  I'm excited about that personally.  I'm a software/database designer and programmer but still hate the Apex programming language.  It feels so 90's lol.

Article here....   http://blog.aquanerd.com/2013/11/neptune-systems-apex-fusion-beta.html

what help do you need?  What are you trying to do?

If you post, there are a number of us that have Apex's and are very good at programming it (myself included).  Probably better to share the wealth, then to take it to PM, but either way, just let us know :)

Edited by scott711

what help do you need?  What are you trying to do?

If you post, there are a number of us that have Apex's and are very good at programming it (myself included).  Probably better to share the wealth, then to take it to PM, but either way, just let us know :)

Scott..

I have a variety of things I want to do.. from Auto Top off, to water changes, and of course light and flow settings as well... I have looked online (youtube, etc) and well, Ihave not seen too much in regard to "How to" but more like "look at that I have done"  and that, while it is good for ideas, is not good in practical app without the "how to"  So, I want to get with someone to see how to do it, then disseminate the info somehow.

-B :cool:

I am sure I can help.  You just have to post exactly what you want.  I can give you a link to my setup if you want.  I do pretty much everything you do and more  :cool:.  I am happy to help.  Some of my programming includes auto water changes each night, auto top off, lighting, conditional statements, push button (using a doorbell) activation, If statements, email notifcations, etc... 

I fell you fireman, I have been looking for someone to sit down with me as well, but was unsuccessful. I did however, have people willing to get me in the right direction via email communication.  It is always much easier to sit down face to face. 

Urban reefer, may I bounce questions off you as well, when I get into a jam?  So far my programs are pretty simple and I don't have any issues, but I am purchasing an additional energy bar soon and some modules, so things will be interesting