LiveAquaria / Diver's Den - Horrible

jackers

Ok, I just ordered three new Agile Chromis. They only credited me with two of my three dead damsels ($27 each) but they are giving me another free shipment, so whatever. I am just hoping these guys arrive healthy and happy like the other fish I received from them.

Good point about the local pickup location. Unfortunately, down here in Southern Maryland, our local pickup location is in Waldor, almost an hour away.

What's the rationale for only crediting you for 2 of 3 dead? It seems like such a small extra amount to sacrifice to gain the extra customer satisfaction.

What's the rationale for only crediting you for 2 of 3 dead? It seems like such a small extra amount to sacrifice to gain the extra customer satisfaction.

I'm not sure. The woman I talked to today seemed a little lost and had me on hold for a while talking with her manager. I just wanted to get this last order placed so I just ate it.

These are the last fish going in my reef. I'm just hoping all three show up healthy. 

... I just wanted to get this last order placed so I just ate it.

That just doesn't seem right that you'd be put in a place where you felt that you had to just eat the loss. It seems uncharacteristic of them given past stories. Hopefully it's not indicative of things to come.

Sorry for the posting about my last order. I wanted the fish to acclimate first.

This order came in with no problems at all. Each of the Agile Chomis were fat and happy. They added a heat pack this time so the water was still warm to the touch.

I ordered the medium Agile Chromis and they were definitely medium or bigger. If anyone is looking for a friendly, well behaved set of chromis, I would recommend these. They look great, hang out together in the upper band of the water column, and look better in person than on the website. I was worried they were going to look simply rusty, but they have some nice color to them.

I'm hoping it was just a bad run I had and all future orders from WAMAS members all come through like my last order.

Sorry for the posting about my last order. I wanted the fish to acclimate first.

This order came in with no problems at all. Each of the Agile Chomis were fat and happy. They added a heat pack this time so the water was still warm to the touch.

I ordered the medium Agile Chromis and they were definitely medium or bigger. If anyone is looking for a friendly, well behaved set of chromis, I would recommend these. They look great, hang out together in the upper band of the water column, and look better in person than on the website. I was worried they were going to look simply rusty, but they have some nice color to them.

I'm hoping it was just a bad run I had and all future orders from WAMAS members all come through like my last order.

I'm encouraged to hear that they did better on this new order. I just wish that they'd tried harder to make your last order satisfactory.

(edited)

Thanks.

It sounds crazy complaining about chromis or damsels, but these aren't the average Petco variety. Each of these were around $30. The first order I placed was around $250.

Just wanting to put that out there. I buy a lot for this reef, from a complete LED setup a few weeks ago, to a jawbreaker and high end favia that was just delievered Friday. I have a ton of high end corals and have bought a bunch from some of our high end local vendors as well as from reefers all around the country.

I don't cut corners in this hobby, and I definitely don't cut corners with the livestock.

I'm just glad the last bunch were fat and happy. Like I mentioned earlier, that is the last batch of fish going in the reef and unfortunately, I am completely out of room for any more corals. So now it's time to just sit back and enjoy it. I'm really hoping our members have good transactions with LA/DD in the future.

Edited by jackers

I don't think anyone thinks you're crazy for complaining about your fish loss, be it a $5 or $30 chomis/damsel.  If you had a bad experience, by all means, you should complain.  I think we are just a bit confused as to why you were credited for only 2, out of your 3 losses.  Like Tom said, it is uncharacteristic, and would be something we would all like to know should we buy from them again in the future.

-Robert