Tracy's new 120 build

Tracy G

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Testing tonight everything is going great. Nitrate is untraceable and phosphate was a .03 with no dosing. My 2 Mcosker Wrasse the little female is trying to go back Male (coloration showing up again) and both of their tails are showing damage. Nothing major just a little ratty. Was worried maybe Fin Rot but does not look like it and noticed the females coloring and then watched them go at it. Hopefully they settle down soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
(edited)

Have been working on a better way for water changes and came up with this. 2 20g High tanks one RODI goes into with a float valve and the second is for salt mixing. Have it all so I just turn a few valves and it takes care of the rest when top off needed switch a few valves and put the hose to the topoff container and fill it up. When I want to do a water change few valves again and put the hose to the sump. Pump the water out with the hose in the sump room and in with the new. 0 buckets needed to save my back. Working great so far.ezy4a5yr.jpgqyjeju9a.jpgu4ubuqaj.jpgu5amaqe6.jpgtegugeva.jpg

Edited by Tracy G

I wish I had space to play like that. Looking good man!

Looks nice, Tracy! Make sure to leave room to fold clothes. :)

Wait folding is an option? Don't they just sit in a basket till you wear them? I'm confused lol

Really happy with my tank right now. Have not had to clean the glass in 2+ weeks, levels are all great, and have great coloration and growth. All fish are getting along and growing like weeds. Nice to see all the work paying off

Really happy with my tank right now. Have not had to clean the glass in 2+ weeks, levels are all great, and have great coloration and growth. All fish are getting along and growing like weeds. Nice to see all the work paying off

It's nice when you kind of hit auto pilot, eh? Glad to hear things are doing well, hone in those photo skillz while we wait!

A few pics of my ORA Strawberry Shortcake Acro. Pictures don't do it justice it's pretty amazingPosted ImagePosted Image

Not done yet but long overdue. My cable management was none existent so figured I better get it together before disaster. Posted Image

• 1 month later...

how about an update man? You got that camera fine tuned yet?!

A quick video of the tank progress, don't mind the bubble algae lol.  The fish are going nuts because the were just fed.

how about an update man? You got that camera fine tuned yet?!

Doing soso on the camera but getting better.  With Vacation, and work have found it hard to take too many pics but was able to take a quick video.

• 3 weeks later...

A few new pics with new rock work (pics don't do it justice but working on it). Also a few pics of some of my plate corals.Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Wow, all looks awesome! Love the plates

FTS looks great!

And my oh my you have some cool plates! Don't they get mad at each other when they touch though?

I don't think they sting each other just have to keep them out of reach of other types.  Only down side is they move around so you never know where you will find them in the morning.  The good thing is the bigger ones tend to stay put.