"Aggressive" CUC

LCDRDATA

Recently I've noticed some detritus buildup in my "aggressive" tank. It's not technically a FOWLR, as I have a couple of large Mexican Turbos and a Tiger Cowrie for algae control, but they don't seem to be doing much on the other stuff. My flow pattern seems to do a reasonably good job of keeping things in suspension, but obviously the overflow isn't getting everything.

If this was a reef tank I'd probably add a bunch of smaller snails (esp. nasarrius) and/or various hermits. However, these would just be a snack for the main inhabitants of this tank - a Humu Trigger (~4-5"), Snowflake Moray (24"+) - along with a Blue Velvet Damsel, Valentini Puffer and Falco Hawkfish (each about 3"). I don't know how a conch would do, as the flow keeps the bottom pretty clean; while they can and do climb, I'm guessing that probably shouldn't be their primary mode of operation, as it would be here.

Suggestions are welcome. :bluefish:

Lol if they're anything like my freshwater craycray fish then it'll make more mess than anything

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

My snowflake LOVED my queen conch that I tried, thought it was delicious ;)

I've always heard that in aggressive tanks, you become the clean up crew... That said my puffer, eel, wrasse, and lions all haven't noticed a nass snail hitchhiker in their tank... yet.

You could always treat it as an expensive snack that just happens to clean!