T5 configuration help

monkeymanolo

I have a 6 bulb HO T5 fixture and I was wondering, what do you guys think would be the best configuration of bulbs?  Ive read a few things on here and have gotten some advice from fellow reefers but its a little mixed. Does it even matter? 

I have enough Blues, whites and purples for pretty much any combo, so go wild!

It's a matter of personal taste mostly.

Have you checked out the long-running thread on various T5 configurations over at Reef Central? This thread's been going a long time and has been split many times over the years, but you may be able to glean some thoughts and rationale for various configurations from it.

Have you checked out the long-running thread on various T5 configurations over at Reef Central? This thread's been going a long time and has been split many times over the years, but you may be able to glean some thoughts and rationale for various configurations from it.

Exactly the suggestion I was going to make. It may take a bit of scrolling but you'll certainly find recommendations for a 6-bulb unit.

Thanks guys that was a big help

It's a crazy long thread, but it is very helpful. For those looking to do the same, just go to the end of the thread and work backwards. This way, you're getting the benefit of suggestions using the latest lamps.

One of the really nice things about T5's is the extent to which you can tailor your lighting to exactly what you want, and how easily you can change the mix later on. This does result in a lot of initial questions about which lamps to use at the start, however.