Orphek PR 25 crapped out, need new LEDs fast

nova423

My pr25 recently crapped out on my nanoreef and I'm thinking about stevesleds, specifically one of the 99% complete solder less kits.

Suggestions for a hood or some kind of mount would be awesome. I want to do as little DIY as possible. Also I would like some of the LEDs to be UV. Right now I have SPS in the tanks and all that is there is a 5000k Home Depot bulb I bought as a band aid.

See the attached for reference. Standard 10 gallon black frame pet store tank.

post-2633821-0-37810200-1380683243_thumb.jpg

post-2633821-0-64418600-1380683265_thumb.jpg

Looks like you have it in a light fixture/housing.  IME, that is a no-no as they don't allow adequate airflow to cool the larger number of LEDs compared to home depot PAR38 bulbs.

I bought the Home Depot bulb today as a temporary fix. Was running the orphek prior since day one.

I based the build from this thread, they used an ikea lersta lamp which I already had.

http://www.nano-reef.com/topic/267197-orphek-pr-25-led-pendants-now-available/

we have a kessil 150 you can use temporarily until you get new ones. Give Vince a ring tomorrow or swing by the store.  I'll give him a heads up

we have a kessil 150 you can use temporarily until you get new ones. Give Vince a ring tomorrow or swing by the store.  I'll give him a heads up

Quantum reefs rocks!  Thanks so much, I'll come by tomorrow.  

The SPS I have is looking decent under the 5000k I have as the temporary fix.  The zoas & ricordia don't seem to care.  

+1  GREAT Guys there. Very VERY nice thing. I thank you all as well, for such a kind act. :)

• 2 weeks later...