Xenia. Smells. Oh just open this

Joshifer

Ok so I got some Xenia. Not attached to anything just loose. And I was gluing it to rubble. It smells really bad. And at the bottom their was this dark brown goo dripping. Is this goo poisonous or blood or what? I can't get the smell out of my nose. I can't even discribe the smell. Is this normal or is it dead?

Lolololol

OHHH the things you need to learn...

Xenia and other softies can smell foul if outside of water for a bit...it's the mucus they make...

No need to glue it to anything..just use a rubberband and band the bottom to a piece of rubble..glue usually doesn't stick anyways...

And no it's just a slime coat...but that smell will be with you for days!lol

Lolololol

Xenia and other softies can smell foul if outside of water for a bit...it's the mucus they make...

No need to glue it to anything..just use a rubberband and band the bottom to a piece of rubble..glue usually doesn't stick anyways...

They was blowing everywhere. I glued them down hopefully they'll attach soon. I can live with the smell. Just wasn't sure if the goo was poison I know zoas are very poisonous. Speaking of zoas. Want some? They hate me and I hate them lol I posted them on the free section

Lol, thy look nice in that picture....have you tried moving them in a ow flow area with medium lighting?

I moved them everywhere. High low I think they just got used to the LEDs they refuse to coporate even though its been like 30 days.

Lolololol

+1 glue wont work with softies.  Just use string or rubber band to loosely hold the bottom down on a rock or frag plug and a couple of weeks later it will be attached

Yep. Totally smelly. If you think its bad when it's alive..... it's 10x worse when it dies! 

If you ever throw any out... make sure you double bag it and take the trash out that night! 

Also be careful. If the Xenia attaches and starts growing your next post will be on how to control it. It can be VERY invasive.