AquaC E-240

Minaimee

Hi Everyone,

I just want some input on the AquaC E-240 skimmer.  I'm looking to replace my current coral life skimmer.  It is not pulling much skimmate.  The only good skimmer I can find that would fit my sump is the AquaC E-240.  Does anyone currently have this skimmer and can let me know if it is worth the price?

Thanks!

Not that this is the same, but I just picked up a aquac 180 because of sump limitations. I've only had I for 2 weeks, but its actually pulling some gunk that my old skimmer didn't.

I have a ev-180 with a mag 9.5 and love it. I wipe the neck every time i clean the cup out just to help keep it clean.

I don't have exp with any other skimmers though so i dont know what to compare it too. I had a sea clone before this one.... (insert laughs here)

I hope you have very good sump water level control. I was running a EV-240 for many years with a mag 18. It was a PITA to keep it working correctly. I always had a ATO on my sump but constantly had to fiddle with it to get it to work properly. At one point i emailed aqua-c to get advice on how to properly maintain and adjust it. The customer service at Aqua-c is great, just didnt love the skimmer.