Dimension help

YHSublime

I want to stop by Home Depot on my way home from work to pick up supplies to make a screen top.

First things first:

I'm keeping the hood on top, which is open in the back. It's about a foot off from the tank, but open in the back. Do you think I can just get a piece of acrylic down the back open end of the hood and call it a day?

Secondly:

If that won't cut it, and a screen is the best option, does anybody have the dimension of the rectangle that is formed on the top  of a 150 (out of the two squares) that is divided by the bracing bar?

Won't the acryllic block air flow making it very humid and hot inside the hood?  

The dimension of the squares differs by the manufacturer of the tank.  Some use wider cross braces and edges than others.  I think your best bet is to just get 2 screen kits as they only come w/ 4 sides each (you will need 8).  Cutting them down w/ a hacksaw is easy.  It goes through the aluminum sides like butta'. 

Easy solution- eliminate the screen top which almost always looks like doo- and don't buy fish that like to jump.

I have a rimless and if the fish wants to jump, I always let them.

Won't the acryllic block air flow making it very humid and hot inside the hood?  

The dimension of the squares differs by the manufacturer of the tank.  Some use wider cross braces and edges than others.  I think your best bet is to just get 2 screen kits as they only come w/ 4 sides each (you will need 8).  Cutting them down w/ a hacksaw is easy.  It goes through the aluminum sides like butta'. 

nah, broke the top out, so it's like a decorative box that sits on top of the aquarium. Either way, home now, can measure. 

Easy solution- eliminate the screen top which almost always looks like doo- and don't buy fish that like to jump.

I have a rimless and if the fish wants to jump, I always let them.

That's a great idea, Rob! 

But the way I've got it figured out is you wont be able to see the screen on top, as the hood will block it. I don't like the hood, but the misses does, so the hood stays. I was looking at some different wrasses today, and figured if I was going to invest in livestock and shipping, I'd like to invest in keeping them in the water.