Feeding Corals

RW09903

I am relatively new to reefing and I have been doing a lot of research online. There are many people saying that I should feed my LPS and SPS phyto feast while others suggest reef-roids etc... I have also heard that my fish feces should do the trick. I would like to know what everyone else thinks about this subject and help guide me toward a sucessful system/ purchase of coral food

Thx  :rolleyes:

My tank is 120g with a 30g refugium. 

Use a high quality reef tank food that feeds both the fish and the corals.

Any suggestions about brand? frozen vs dry? Any advice is welcomed. Thank you!

I could Recommend something... But its all part of the fun of being a Reefer... But All of that is true in your first post... Don't forget most importantly, is keeping Stable water parameters when dealing with SPS... BTW Welcome to WAMAS.

Most people don't feed SPS but I'll throw in some reef roids every now and then. LPS really go crazy for it. Just go lightly.

Whats going on Miggs! Thanks for the Cap corals by the way! I will take your advice and try reef roids for everything else..

Whats going on Miggs! Thanks for the Cap corals by the way! I will take your advice and try reef roids for everything else..

Just be careful with any sort of coral specific food.  Many people think "Well, if my corals like it that much, they'll like a double dose even more!".  This will cause some serious problems if you overfeed too much.  I feed my corals separate from the fish only once a week and they're plenty happy.

Yes, I would recommend no more than once a week. Hope the caps do well for you!

Thank you for all the suggestions.

I could Recommend something... But its all part of the fun of being a Reefer... But All of that is true in your first post... Don't forget most importantly, is keeping Stable water parameters when dealing with SPS... BTW Welcome to WAMAS.

Thanks! Wish i joined earlier...

Depending on the corals we feed different things.  Our base is Roggers (Quantum Reefs has it) but we also mix some small full together and baste corals but for our big boys like Elegance, Fungia, Sun Corals etc we feed pieces of krill or silversides once a week