TheyCallMeMr.703's 55g. Mixed Reef

(edited)

To Envoke Coraline Growth... I feel as tho', Also, Once I switch to 100% RO/DI water, That'll help to allow some to develop more... But This should help fuel it... I used something similar before, and had Great Results, But Deff' lookkin' into the 2part, I hear allot more people use that, once we have dedicated Reefs...

Edited by TheyCallMeMr.703

Purple Up was debated a lot in my previous reef club. I feel like it is snake oil, and that keeping good parameters is the best way to success with coralline algae. I have never used anything specifically for coralline, and my tank has many different varieties and colors of the stuff. Keep your calcium, alk, and lighting where they should be and you will see success.

Also, RO/DI water wont impact your coarlline growth. I was exclusively tap water before I moved here and had a tank covered in the stuff. Lighting and calcium are the driving factors.  

Purple Up was debated a lot in my previous reef club. I feel like it is snake oil, and that keeping good parameters is the best way to success with coralline algae. I have never used anything specifically for coralline, and my tank has many different varieties and colors of the stuff. Keep your calcium, alk, and lighting where they should be and you will see success.

Also, RO/DI water wont impact your coarlline growth. I was exclusively tap water before I moved here and had a tank covered in the stuff. Lighting and calcium are the driving factors.  

do things right and dont cut corners and your tank will naturally color up. You need to buy test kits and salt, not purple up.

Cool, Workin' with ReefCrystals right now, and has been working Really well so far...

And I really do need to invest in a GOOD Test Kit, not these cheap ones I use.  

• 2 weeks later...