2013 International Congress for Conservation Biology "Blog"

gjbarord

Hi Everyone,

I think this is the 3rd (maybe 4th) conference I am going to share with everyone while I am attending. It is the International Congress for Conservation Biology (http://www.conbio.org/mini-sites/iccb-2013) being held this week from July 22-26. From what I understand, it is the largest conservation conference in the world and this year it is in Baltimore, MD. There were over 1000 abstracts submitted to present a talk and only 10% were selected for a full 15 minute talk. Fortunately, my abstract was one of the chosen ones!!! And even more fortunately, WAMAS once again is supporting my attendance!! Thank you!! Thank you!!

Because this conference is so large, there are up to 10 concurrent sessions going on at once!!! So, I won't be able to go to every talk as I have done in the past. Instead, I am going to focus on the sessions dedicated to Marine Conservation and share with the WAMAS community what is going on. The link for the schedule is below:

General Schedule: http://www.conbio.org/images/content_conferences/ICCB_Main_Program_Updated_07.01.13.pdf

You can find the detailed schedule by clicking on "contributed talks, posters and speed posters." It was fairly overwhelming to me!! My talk is on the 22nd in the 1600-1800 slot.

"

I will be getting the full program guide so if any of the other non-marine related topics interest you, I can at least give out some contact information or try to find the authors at the conference.

Looking forward to it!!

Greg

Awesome! Thank you and congrats on getting picked for your topic!

I always appreciate your sharing the info you get at these, as we all can't got to them, nor understand some of it,lol

Congratulations, Greg, and good luck with tomorrow's presentation! We're pleased to be able to be a part of this through our WAMAS Grant Program. (Be sure to give us a shout out from the podium!)