hanging a anemone cage...

smallreef

i know many of yall make anemone cages out of the plastic sheeting from the craft store...

so how they heck do you hang it in your tanks?

i bought a 'breeder' box from petsmart and the mesh that goes on it doesnt allow enough flow in it, so i will

probabky take that off and do the mesh ontop ot the frame...but i have to have a few...that already has 2 anemones in it and i have another im wanting to remove from the tank before it splits too,lol

ahhh good call...think i have some laying in my fish box....

its a scary box of miscellanousness....

im hoping to just be at one cage after i get rid of the first rbtas

we've always had issues with those nems getting out and about and things that had small openings didn't allow enough flow to get in... yesterday, i looked over towards our dry goods shelf and a low and behold... we had these: http://www.nextreef.com/refugiums.html

put them up and they work great.  allows light to penetrate, strong suction cups and allows plenty of flow to get in, but best of all, prevents the nems from getting out

we've always had issues with those nems getting out and about and things that had small openings didn't allow enough flow to get in... yesterday, i looked over towards our dry goods shelf and a low and behold... we had these: http://www.nextreef.com/refugiums.html

put them up and they work great.  allows light to penetrate, strong suction cups and allows plenty of flow to get in, but best of all, prevents the nems from getting out

can you measure the diameter of one of those holes for me, please? they look much too large for small nems. we all know they like to sliver right through wherever you put them. i made a few container out of gutterguard that has square mesh about 3/8" in size that they would shimmey right through tearing themselves up in the process.