Should have known Better

yauger

GIVE HIM NO SYMPATHY GUYS!!!!!!!!! I begged and pleaded with him in the store not to buy that red slime tank crashing CRAP. He ignored me. I'm no genius but I know that stuff isn't worth sh*t!

Sorry to hear about this bro!

It's not worth sh.. If you don't know how to use it :)

Sometimes if your tank is so overrun by slime it can actually save corals instead of kill them. You said give him no sympathy, then apologized about hearing what happened in the next sentence! Come on man! We just used it, and it saved those hitchhiker magicians I got on your live rock back a few years ago. The Lps in the tank went nuts trying to feed also. I myself would probly never use it in our 210 with all the sps though.

In my opinion it's only good for bad cyano outbreaks, in certain tanks. And the cyano will come back if you don't maintain your tank too, it's no instacure.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone reading this should try lights out for 2 days (no lights on in the room or cover the top of the tank.  Make sure air can still get in the tank but make sure it's very dark.  I've had more luck doing this than water changes, chemicals, etc.

GIVE HIM NO SYMPATHY GUYS!!!!!!!!! I begged and pleaded with him in the store not to buy that red slime tank crashing CRAP. He ignored me. I'm no genius but I know that stuff isn't worth sh*t!

Sorry to hear about this bro!

yeah tell  me about it bro... should have listened. SMH....

and just a FYI I followed the instructions exactly, so if there is a separate way of dosing this stuff then the manufacture doesn't give a crap about it.

It's not worth sh.. If you don't know how to use it :)

Sometimes if your tank is so overrun by slime it can actually save corals instead of kill them. You said give him no sympathy, then apologized about hearing what happened in the next sentence! Come on man! We just used it, and it saved those hitchhiker magicians I got on your live rock back a few years ago. The Lps in the tank went nuts trying to feed also. I myself would probly never use it in our 210 with all the sps though.

In my opinion it's only good for bad cyano outbreaks, in certain tanks. And the cyano will come back if you don't maintain your tank too, it's no instacure.

I was being sarcastic. There is NO better cure than siphoning it out and making sure you water is good quality, good flow and not using old bulbs. No need at all for all this chemical fixer upper crap. Just my opinion. :D

I was being sarcastic. There is NO better cure than siphoning it out and making sure you water is good quality, good flow and not using old bulbs. No need at all for all this chemical fixer upper crap. Just my opinion. :D

I know you were being sarcastic, how else would this board be any fun :) On the rest of what you said I completely agree too but we get lazier than josh sometimes!

Yauger - I'm very sorry for your loss. It seems sometimes like this hobby is a constant struggle against some evil with a few weeks of success thrown in here and there to keep you coming back.

As for the Red Slim remover - I have used "Chimiclean" before (I don't know if there is a difference in products, I was told it was the same stuff). I left the skimmer on (bubbling over) during the treatment and estimated the dosage on the slightly low end. I didn't expect much as I have read many of the horror stories and am not one to typically try the random "snake oils". To be honest I was amazed with the results. it knocked out the neon green slime algee I had been fighting for years. It had no noticable effect on my corals. Personally I would use it again in a heartbeat, but I wonder if there is a difference in brands or if there is possibly a quality control problem that leads to the varied experiences? Also I agree that it's best to try other methods first, but in my case nothing else worked.

(For the person battling Neomeris- I had the same plague for about a year. it's god awful. Finally i beat it  by cutting and siphoning evey shoot around every few days. Finally I won. It is possible, but it is not easy.)