Skimmer is not foaming like used to...

newtoreef

About 3 weeks ago I removed my Skimmer out of my sump and Cleaned that bad boy really well removing all the pieces apart then put it back together. I also vaccumed all the water out from the skimmer compartment and put new fresh water in. Since then my skimmer is not producing that nasty dark foam that used to. What is going on ?? I understand the skimmer needs some time to break in again but it's been about 3 weeks since I cleaned.

It's a SW Skimmer btw. Any thoughts are helpful. Thanks a lot in advance.

It's happen to me all the time. Did you change anything? Give it time to build up. BTW did you mean SWC?

Oh! you said 3 weeks! try adjusting the air tube!

Edited by flooddc

Check and see if the tube that pulls air in isn't closed up. I was having the same problem and found out that the air tube was clogged up from inside. Cleaned it up and now it's working perfectly fine.

pull the pump and air line off and make sure there isn't any calcification / salt creep in the air line or calcification inside of the intake on the pump blocking the airline hole

fwiw: a cup of microwaved rodi down the air line once in a while is a good way to keep it clean. I just fill the little air box on the top of the air line with the water and let the venturi suck it out.

I usually dip the open end of the airline in the water and let the venturi action suck water through it for a few minutes.

cleans all the salt out easy.