Local flexible PVC (spaflex) source?

AlanM

I want to get some 1.5" flexible schedule 40 PVC pipe, normally called spaflex if a local store has it. Lowes near me has 1" spaflex, but that's all. I can order it from flexpvc.com, but it's $30 shipping for the 10 feet I need.

Is it available from any fish stores or hardware stores?

Any pool or spa place should carry it. I know these guys have it as I was there recently.

Contemporary Watercrafters

7914 Cessna Avenue

Gaithersburg, MD

Telephone: 301-948-8111

$2.50/ft

haha, did you just call them, Coral Hind? The guy I'm talking to said someone else just called like 5 min ago asking for 1.5" spaflex.

FYI, I'm a pool guy and have a commercial account at CW. If anyone needs large quantities or more expensive items let me know. A few feet @ $2.50 a foot won't make much difference though.

• 1 month later...

So add Lowes to the local sources that carry Spaflex. At least the 1-1/2" stuff. They'd had a label for it on the shelf forever, but they only had a spool of braided clear PVC tubing in that spot. Sunday I was there getting something else, and I saw a couple guys working in the plumbing section. I brought them over and pointed to it and asked if they intended to carry 1-1/2" spaflex, because the stuff on that spool wasn't it. They looked around on the upper shelves, found the box that had the right number on it, schlepped the big stairs over, and voila, a big box of spaflex. Nice. Now at least the Gaithersburg Lowes has it on the shelf.

I should also mention that BRK, which has a reputation for always having lots of fittings and plumbing stuff including pre-made manifolds, also keeps 1-1/2" and 2" in stock. Since most of the club lives in VA, this is probably a better solution than Lowes for them.