identification white worm-like creatures

monkiboy

i turned the return off to allow some new rock nems to settle in and within a few minutes i had twenty or so of these guys crawling over my glass. as soon as i turn the return pump back on and flow to the tank (no power heads as this is a nem tank), they all either got swooshed away with the flow or squirmed back into the substrate.

20130220_165941_zpsb0fbc56b.jpg

and here's a video of them squirming around on my glass:

also, how do you get youtube videos to embed appropriately?

thanks!

Edited by Origami

also, how do you get youtube videos to embed appropriately?

Just embed the youtube URL. Don't copy their embed code; just the http...watch?v=nnnnnn link

that's what I did. It does not work.

No. You embedded YouTube link that they provide. (That's what I edited in your original post to fix the issue.) Use the link at the top of the browser. It has the format that I eluded to in my last post. It has the site url and a short part that looks something like http:www.youtube.comwatch?v=nnnnnn, where nnnnnn is a string of characters that point to your video. If you do this, the forum software automatically recognizes the syntax and embeds the video.

Give it another try.

(Sent from my phone)

No. You embedded YouTube link that they provide. (That's what I edited in your original post to fix the issue.) Use the link at the top of the browser. It has the format that I eluded to in my last post. It has the site url and a short part that looks something like http:www.youtube.comwatch?v=nnnnnn, where nnnnnn is a string of characters that point to your video. If you do this, the forum software automatically recognizes the syntax and embeds the video.

Give it another try.

(Sent from my phone)

weird. works now. i just copied the link from the browser from my video manager last time. but now it's working. i'll keep my eyes out for the correct syntax from now on. thanks tom!

Edited by monkiboy

What substrate is that by the way?

it's caribseas "Hawaiian Black Arag-Alive! Live Reef Sand" - i've used it in a few systems now. love how it makes everything POP in the tank and doesn't get swept up with lots of flow.

Could be micro feather duster worms that's yet to build their tubes....

I think they are too long for that. I've seen those swimming around in my tank and they are only 1/4" long, I'm very curious to find out what those things are.

+1. They seemed pretty long, smooth (hard to really say if it was smooth or segmented, round or ribbon-like from the video), white, and freely moving at both ends. They really looked like some sort of worm in the video.