Hi, I'm new too

Just wanted to say hi. I just moved to Springfield, VA from Salt Lake City, UT and am excited to be here. Glad there is such an active group nearby. I'm wondering if there is maybe one closer to me. Anyone know? I was very active in the Wasatch Marine Aquarist Society back in Utah (www.utahreefs.com). When I left Utah I sold everything so I am starting from scratch again. I enjoy keeping both saltwater and freshwater livestock. Just set up my first 29 gallon tank last weekend, but I'm finding good aquarium stores around me are few and far between. I am open to suggestions! I tried Wally's and that seemed kinda ok. But kinda long drive for me. I see your group only meets 4 times per year? That's a bummer too. Our group met once per month. Anyway, feel free to drop me a line. I will monitor this site to see what's going on and read any replies. Thanks!!

:)

Tom

Welcome aboard.

We meet quarterly, but the meetings tend to be large and well attended. Lots of trading and always a good speaker.

You might try SuperZoo in Annandale. Marine Scene is a high quality store in Herndon (notice the high part). They have excellent animal husbandry practices and that's where I got most of my fish. You can also try Roozen's in Port Washington, MD. They are a wholesale/tranship operation with retail facilities.

Hope to meet you at our next meeting.

steve

Tom

Welcome. I am gald you decided to join Our Club. There are several stores in this area with potentials as well as others that just offer livestock "if you can reed between lines". The links to most of these stores are on our club web site. I suggest you contact some of the Ubber Reefers like David (a.k.a. - Childeloh), he cultures and frags for sale. There are others in the club that maintain there own hobby by reproduction of nice SPS and LPS corals. Some of the stores to check out are: Pacific East, Marine Scene, Roozen, Leesburg Aquarium, and other aquarium stores in Rockville, Germantown and Baltimore area. Also believe it or not, even PETCO in Herndon and Chantilly have fish at good prices. This club is dependent on his members and the members take upon responsibilities to preapre meetings and forums as well as bring speakers, donations and raffle items like: (i.e.; 90G tank, 2 SCUBA classes, Corals, $50 certificates from on line stores, etc.) to the quarter meetings. WAMAS also hosted MACNA 2005 few weeks ago in the DC/VA/MD area. A show that took most of the strengh and dedication of our officers and volunteers. This is a great club and lots of opportunity to grow with people like you that bring experience and desire to grow the club; after all this is YOUR CLUB, let's make it happen. Welcome, and enjoy the friendlyness and support that characterize OUR CLUB.

Jacob