Frag Tank Next to Display

yagerboy

I have a display that is running out of room due to coral growth and want to set up a small (20-30) long frag tank

next to display.

Question is, how do I plumb (drill?) so I can have same water for both to keep stable? Will have a seperate hang on 150 MH and frag racks only. No sand fish, etc.

Not good at plumbing and have never drilled before so any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

How is the display tank drilled, at the bottom or near the top?

I had a display drilled near the top which overflowed into a frag tank a few inches lower. The frag tank then drained into the sump.

You could also tee off the return pump and feed the two tanks seperately and each one drains back to the sump individually.

It is drilled opposite back corner on the bottom.

Your second scenario may be an option, just need to figure out return.

Thanks!

I have been running this kit on my refugium for two years now: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Aquarium-Overflow-Box-1200GPH-and-video-viewing-/280394416660?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4148cf4214

I tee off my return pump to feed it, but I really like the idea of letting the gravity feed from your DT provide the circulation in your FT.

That kit comes with the overflow box, the bulkheads, and the drill bit you will need to install the kit. Drilling glass is nothing to be afraid of. Just go slow and be patient.