New Fish Help

.OptimusPrime.

So I received an order of 5 fish today. 4 - anthias and 1 royal gramma. While I was acclimating them to my QT tank, one only of the anthias was swimming normally. All the rest were upside down. Still alive and breathing from what I could tell but not much movement. I temp acclimated for 20 mins and dripped for about 40. I tossed in a powerhead to help aerate the water inside the acclimating bucket, since their breathing seemed labored and I thought this would help. I was on lunch so I didn't have more than about an hour or so. Dropped them in the QT and left. Just got back home and 2 of the 4 anthias seem to be doing well. Swimming normally and all. The other two of the anthias are still alive, but in the same condition as when I left. Still breathing, but upside down / on the side, not moving just in the corner of the QT. The royal gramma is also still alive but not moving and pretty much sticking to the corner of the tank.

What can I do?

Edit: They have been this way for at least 5 hours now.

Edited by .OptimusPrime.

Let them rest, Anthias will lay around on the rockwork from time to time. Do they have anywhere to hide in the QT?

shoulda got halfa dozen grammas. they do well in groups.

Cool. I did not know that....

Edited by Sharkey18

I thought they are very territorial?

single grammas can be aggressive and territorial and tend to hide in the rocks but when you put them in large groups they are a different fish altogether. they swim upside down under ledges and use the whole water column.