Kamakazi Fish?

YHSublime

Past couple days I've woken up to one of my Clowns jumped into my sump. The areas in the picture, actually, I've found it in all 3 chambers:

biocube_2_zps318a7e1d.jpg

I've always been able to find it there, but has anybody had this problem? What is the solution? I was thinking about stretching some nylons over the area, but then I might just get a dead fish (out of water.) I've also noticed that they are semi aggressive with each other. Not all the time, but every now and then one will chase the other all over the tank. Insight or thoughts?

The other week on of my snowflakes jumped into the third chamber on my BC29 I am still not sure how he got back there but it has only happened once.

Seriously, every 24 hours, I at least find one of them in there. I'm astonished as well. Thanks for the link! Wish they had the dimensions, I could just make one.

The other week on of my snowflakes jumped into the third chamber on my BC29 I am still not sure how he got back there but it has only happened once.

I've never seen them do it, but it's happened enough times that it's a problem.

Perhaps you can cut out a piece of egg crate fit along the sump and just high enough to close the lid. then glue it along the sump.

Good thinking. I have a whopping amount of leftover egg crate from my floor plan.

The area isn't seen from tank view, I just got to thinking, i could attach it to the lid. This would keep it out of the way whenever I picked up the lid to do maintenance on the back.

came home to find one in the sump again. Jumped down by the pump, and completely disappeared. I scraped high and low, around the tank, cleaned out all the chambers, nothing. I was vexed. I came back an hour later, and found it swimming by my pump. I even took the flooring out, must be a hiding spot in there somewhere. I think I'm going to start calling them "Houdini and his assistant."

I did, however, in cleaning out my sump, determine that my bio balls are useless, and the sponge is just a nitrate haven. I did a water vacuum behind the chambers (20%), and now am only stocking filter floss.

They pair up and hang out all the time. One is also asserting dominance. This has become less of a problem, but it was bad for a week. Looks like the worst is over.