my new project 28 gl jbj

johnkeys

thanks guys .... well just one more question and the i leave you alone .. what do you add to your tank other then food and water changes .. to help the corals grow if any thing ...i m going sunday to the opening of Artfully Acylic LLC and Incredible Corals to get a Vortech MP10. and get started on my corals and frags ...i think my tank is ready to go thanks for your help

I don't dose anything. I use Reef Crystals. I feed Jan's reef food feeds my corals and fish.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

jim i think your right .... i looking for a test kit for that .... does anyone have any suggestions .. i added two 500 gl. pumps hook them up to the wave machine made the two inlets work with out the wave machine . got the skimmer working ...... the water looks a lot better ..and added a couple more corals i'm looking for the ideal fish i'm not in hurry for that .... ive been looking for extenders for the return outlets that are flexable

funds were short ..... i bought a used 45 gl bow tank fist ... i had no idea they cost so much i thought i could pick one up used

for a hundred or so ... no luck ...... well im not sure where i should go for advice on the tank ii got ....i mean which forum ...

I don't know what you paid, but the buy/sell/trade section here is always rocking and rolling with great deals. I've found that bow front tanks run a little bit higher, but there are always deals. I've found the WAMAS forum to be a little slow moving compared to others, but much more rewarding and personal (I've meet many local reefers, all of who are willing to talk about/share the hobby, and pass advice along.)

I think this is the tubing you're looking for:

http://www.amazon.com/Loc-Line-inch-Ball-Socket-Flexible/sim/B001EHI1CM/2

For testing kits I use the API saltwater, and API reef kits. Like Jimlin mentioned above, a hanna checker would be nice. I also have a refractometer. It's becoming less time consuming as I move forward, but still a PIA. I've seen strips (just a dip in the water) and they are fairly reliable, although I'm not sure how pricey.

I threw a pair of Percula Clowns into my 14 gallon, they are fairly tiny, and I'll move them to my new build within the next quarter of a year. I would recomend them, as they are hearty, and personable... personable of course implying that they beg for food if I stand close to the tank. Maybe a gobby or two, if you're not worried about your sandbed. I'm sure people will chime in with better advice than mine. I find that if you post in the "new to the hobby" section, people are pretty quick to help!

Hows that clam doing, btw? When I get a bigger tank I might make the move on one!

thanks for the link thats what im looking for .... clams great !!! i got the 45 gl bow tank for 150 bucks with the stand and a i think corallite the ones witth two lights in one i think 96 watts .... a nice skimmer that mounts on the back works with a pump ... 50/60 lbs of live rock that i might sell

and live sand ...... they used a canister filter not sure if i want to use it ??? i was thinking or changing the set up inside of it .. replacing the carbon and

bio balls departments with live rock or sand .. and some sort of cabon bag .... not sure if that can work ..... im gone to get it up and runninig tonight ''

im gone to start a diff thread tommorow on it .... on ya i have one clown i shoud have got a pair he looks lonely .... i want a goby with a pistol shrimp i think thats so cool how they work togather ...... im gone to order a test kit soon i need to slow down and let my tank mature some more !!!!!!!

thanks john

Before you put anything else in there, get some readings on your water paramaters, salinity, and temp. Patience has been the name of the game for me. I let my tank cycle for about 1.5 months before I added anything. I'll be looking for rock in the future, have any pics?

ill get some pics this weekend they are big pieces ..... my salinity was high 129 130 now 125 i fixed it last night im toping off with water without salt..

temp might be a little warm 81 i think not sure yet the corals and fish look happy ... my ammonia spiked a couple of times ...but i did three water chages every two days and now 15 % every week seemed to help fix that ...

Cool, big peices are what I'm looking for, depending on. Salinity was very high. Do you have a refractometer? Also, if you have livestock in there, I think you want to slowly acclimate, but it sounds like you've done it already, and things are leveling out. Water is a little warm, ideal reef temp is 79F from what I've read, but I don't believe 81 is out of the ballpark high. From what I understand, your ammonia spike could mean a second cycle, or your tank never finished cyling to start with. There's not a lot of information on your cycle, you just stated that you thought you were ready. How long have you had this tank running, and how did you start your cycle? What are you levels for high range PH, ammonia, and nitrates?

Also, take everything I say with a grain of salt, I'm learning as I go along, so I don't claim to have all the right answers, just trying to help you get yours!