Picture Request: Side view of a corner-overflow tank

Smorf

Hey guys, I'm new here. I'll be starting my build thread in due time, but I'm at the point where I need to acquire a tank. I am working towards a 90 gallon reef tank, which will be my first saltwater tank. My current plan is to order a reef-ready tank. It seems that at the local fish stores I've contacted, all anybody can order is a corner overflow tank. Where this tank will be sitting, it will be viewable from 3 sides. I would prefer to order a rear-overflow tank so that the overflow plumbing is hidden, however I've having trouble finding one. If I end up going with a corner overflow tank, I was wondering how ugly the overflow box is from the side. I was thinking about possibly painting the PVC black so it does not stand out like a sore thumb.

I was hoping some of you could provide a picture of your tank that shows the side view or a 3-quarter view including the overflow plumbing in the tank, regardless of whether you have taken measures to camouflage it or not. I have not been able to find any pictures like this on the web. I basically want to try to decide if I would be happy with a corner-overflow tank.

Thanks!

Why don't you buy a tank, a glass-holes.com overflow and drill it yourself. Many of us on here could help, if desired. That way you'd get what you want.

Go with a 120 4x2x2 you'll love the dementions much better than the narrow 90gallon. And drill your tank with a glassholes overflow. Its a great look and works great. A lot of people on the boards are more than willing to help you drill your tank.

I know you're proud of your tank Ryan, but I'm pretty sure he only asked for a pic of the overflow! :rolleyes:

lol, nice pic's.

I wasn't showing off lol. He asked to see what a corner overflow looks like, so I posted it from several angles. I actually don't like my tank right now. Now that I think about it, I am not sure I ever have. Should've gone with T5s. LOL. ;)

I don't want to highjack the thread, but I think your tank looks great Ryan. I like it better under the MH.

I know you're proud of your tank Ryan, but I'm pretty sure he only asked for a pic of the overflow! :rolleyes:

You can never have too many reef pics. Thanks Ryan!