Need a little advice on corals

meagle

Hi All,

I have a 28g Nano Cube and am looking to start outfitting it with corals.

I am quite new to this hobby and am learning as I go and having a blast! My tank has been established for 12 weeks now and has 2 ocellaris clowns, one six-line wrasse and one royal dottyback along with the usual suspects of cleanup crew.

I currently have one GSP and really love it.

I was hoping some of you could give me some advice as to which corals are good for beginners or which seem popular. With the research I have done I really love Zoanthid and LPS corals but am open to all suggestions.

Thanks for helping!

Matt

How many watts of T-5?

I would try Actinodiscus sp., Ricordea sp., Green Nepthea, Caulastrea sp., Lobophyllia sp., and Acanthastrea sp.

When you get a list together you should post it up and see if anyone has any suggestions or warnings.

Coral Hind, thanks for the suggestions. I will do a bit of research on these and put together a list.

This is my lighting set up: 20 Inch Current USA 6x18W Nova Extreme Pro T5HO 3-10k/3-460nm Actinics

How many watts of T-5?

I would try Actinodiscus sp., Ricordea sp., Green Nepthea, Caulastrea sp., Lobophyllia sp., and Acanthastrea sp.

When you get a list together you should post it up and see if anyone has any suggestions or warnings.

• 2 weeks later...

When I first started I had a 14 gallon biocube with just PC lights. I put in a single head frogspawn as my first coral. Now that same frogspawn, almost 2 years later, is in my 60 gallon with many heads. They are cool looking and really easy corals. I'm sure you get one from someone on this website for no more than 15-20 bucks. Just my 2cents.