Ryan's 2 gal Pico

Orion

Figured I would start a new thread in the nano section.

Picked up a clown goby yesterday, and my GSP has finally started to come out. Will probably get some small frogspawn to put in there today. Weekly 50% water changes.

Currently have -

Zoas

1 Clown goby

Green Star Polyps

4 blue legged hermit crabs (they are funny to watch when it comes to feeding time)

Mini brittle star (somewhere in there)

PH 8.1

Temp 79

SG 1.025

Nitrate 2ppm

8213470071_82448f76d7_c.jpg

8213471371_0a717afb43_c.jpg

8213470553_a151f4d4df_c.jpg

Thanks! The goby seems to be eating up any little copepods that fly by him. He just sits and waits in that corner for something to come along.

Got some frogspawn from fellow WAMAS member Mr. Chalice yesterday.

Also starting to see some brown algae (diatoms) on the glass. It removes easily with the mag float.

8219056156_3cbfe3733b_c.jpg

8217972875_a106a81fa5_c.jpg

More and more brown algae showing up on the glass. Not too much on the sand or live rock yet. I think the hermit crabs are eating at it.

Also seeing a lot of copepods on the glass where the brown algae is.

I take it the copepod population and brown algae will settle down over time?

• 2 weeks later...

Yep! za2una4u.jpg

Tank still going strong. Going to upgrade the lighting to a par30 from boostLED

Quick update. Added a frag of Green Sinularia and a tiny branch of a Pink Pulsing Leather yesterday. Surprisingly I was able to superglue them both to the live rock with no issues. Slimy little guys.

Ricordea continues to grow, and Frogspawn remains the same. Occasionally I'll see the frogspawn on its side when the lights come on. Has to be the hermit crabs... Would like to see the GSP turn more green. Hopefully the Par30 fixes that.

Removed a lot of brown algae from the glass during a water change yesterday. It's a never ending battle. Finding out that 75-100% water changes are working very well to keep the parameters in check once a week. Dosing is a two part dose for Nano Reefs from Kent Marine. Chemi pure elite and Purigen are the only two bags in the filter chamber along with the heater.

Par30 from BoostLED is on order, and I found a small $6.89 fixture from Target for it. :)

a6e2y6a3.jpg

Edited by Orion

ba9u2ajy.jpg

Got the par30 lamp today. Makes a huge difference!

Frogspawn isn't happy right now. A hermit knocked over another coral on top of it the other night. Seems to be recovering better now

Edited by Orion

It's a Fluval Spec 2 gallon.

I removed the filter floss it came with, put a bag of purigen, chemi-pure elite, and a small heater in the filter chamber.

Those are the only mods to the tank except for the light.

Edited by Orion